iSync for Revit
Copyright Archigrafix. All Rights Reserved.
- Run the supplied installer
- Introduce the serial number in case you have a license
- Confirm the installation settings
- The plugin is now available to run inside Revit.
- Close all Revit sessions.
- Run the uninstaller from the installation directory or from the shortcut in the windows program menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation
- The program is then uninstalled.
General Usage Instructions
- Open the dialog for iSync inside Revit Options.
- Set the time for Relinquish, Save and Exit. Note that these times are relative to the previous task.
- iSync will now work on the background with these settings whenever your Revit session is not in use (without being the active windows and with actions or mouse movements).
Recommended Time Settings:
iSync has a quite sophisticated way of finding the state of your files, and therefore will only perform actions when needed. For instance it will not save read only files, or not save unchanged files. iSync will not reload from central file if that file has no new changes. Or it will not sync if both local and central are identical. For this reason we are confident that iSync runs as often as possible. We recommend the following tasks times:
- Relinquish: 1 minute
- Save: 1 minute
- Exit: 30 minutes
Central settings for large organizations:
The settings from iSync can be easily managed centrally by BIM managers through simple lines in the revit.ini. This allows the settings to be deployed or changed via revit.ini . When using central settings mode, the values in the options dialog of iSync cannot be changed. An example valid configuration is as follows:[iSync]RelinquishTime=1SaveTime=1IsSynchronize=TrueExitTime=30
A valid configuration must include these 5 lines with all values filled. The valid time values in minutes are 1 ,5 ,10 ,15 , 30. The key IsSyncronized must be set to either True or False.
Note: If this configuration is invalid, iSync runs with local user settings.